Wednesday, 23 May 2007

If I should lose my sanity

In case I ever lose my sanity (assuming someone can tell the difference), here are some things to try, to bring me back to mental health:

* Chocolate. Chocolate cures everything... it's most effective on nearly-insane (rather than completely insane) patients though.
* Say "Basingstoke". There is no evidence that this is of any value to me, but it worked for Miss Mackintosh, so it can't hurt to try.
* Electroshock therapy: put a ThinkPad beneath my fingers. Effectiveness never tried, as the ThinkPad has seldom been anywhere _but_ beneath my fingers.
* Appeal to my sense of service. Come up to me and say, "Chris, I need a hand with some REXX work". Quite effective.
* Distract me with an appallingly disastrous concept. Something like: "Bill Gates has been proclaimed Emperor of Earth". Effectiveness depends on your creativity.
* Force of habit. Say any line from any Gilbert and Sullivan, and see if I respond with the next one. This has nothing to do with restoring sanity, but it might be entertaining to see what an insane mind comes up with.

Remember, the continued mental health of Threshold's most annoying geek may depend on you! So the question to ask yourself is... Shall I go to lunch, or shall I keep borging?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get lunch, bring back to pc, borg! It's Thierran. I just couldn't be bothered to log in. Damn my laziness. Your blogs make me laugh =)