Monday, 6 August 2007

Last to leave...

It seems to be somehow intrinsic to my body that I have to be the last person to leave a place. All those forgotten jobs and forgotten items of property end up landing on me, which means I have to manage everything in my backpack - which makes it rather annoying when someone leaves behind an entire shopping bag full of costume pieces. Um.... hello? We're bumping out of the theatre, can't at least someone hang around??

I keep getting jobs dropped on me, too - not even "Chris, can you please ...", but simply an announcement to everyone saying "You can order copies of the CD through Chris" and that's the first I've ever heard of it. It seems I'm a horizontal surface for jobs to be put on.... hmm, so that's what all those pats on the head are for!

2 comments:

Devout Hypocrite said...

As far as the jobs, you're going to have to learn to say "no." A task many servant-hearted people struggle with, but it's necessary at times. As far as being the last one to leave, there's a certain beauty to it, too. :) OK, so picking up bag full of costume odds and ends is a pain, but looking back at the darkened room and being able to visualize what happened there? I dunno. So nifty!

Chris Angelico said...

Heh, yeah... mainly it's a good thing (people know they can trust me to lock a place up securely, check for lost property, etcetera), but sometimes it does get annoying - not so much that I'm last, but the amount of stuff that's left behind.

Actually, I wasn't really whinging as much as the post makes it seem. It was just a bad joke that Michael said I ought to post :)