Friday, 2 January 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I've just had this brilliant idea for a money-making web site. Like most web sites, it's going to be largely free, but I think this one could make some good money.

The idea is to help people have a little accountability. If you google for 'new year's resolutions accountability', there's plenty of advice saying that telling a friend will help you to keep your resolution, but nowhere is there any web site that actually IS that friend. So that's where I come in.

People could log in to www.newyearsaccountability.com and submit their resolutions. After the first week, month, three months, six months, etc, they would receive an email, asking them how they're getting on.

The real key to this whole notion is that once you've written something down, it stands... and you can be held to it. So that's where I'd make my money: For $10, you will be allowed to alter your resolution from what you hoped to do, to what you're doing!

This is such a brilliant idea. My New Year's Resolution this year is to build that web site. Hey... blog posts can be edited down the track too....

No comments: