Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Melbourne Airport security

I'm not entirely sure, but I think we've departed from Auckland instead of Melbourne. All the security staff are friendly and fun to an extent we've not seen outside of Kiwiland. Particularly appreciable was the customs guy who had a sheet of paper with dates and tally marks... with no explanation as to what. He asks the standard question about carrying $10,000 or equivalent (large amounts of cash have to be declared), and I gave the typical response "I wish", knowing it's something a lot of people will say. Turns out that that's exactly what he was counting up... though he didn't say so until I asked him about the tally counts a bit later in the conversation! Everyone has their method of remaining sane, and this is his. I have to say: Full marks!

No comments: